Sunday 5 September 2010

Poor little blog.... but the work continues!

Well, the 18 month old is now 2... I haven't been idle though, far from it! You barely even get to have a cup of tea with a 2 year old around, let alone make a piece of jewellery. The good news is that after a long break from making I have been working on new pieces again and still find it utterly inspiring and exciting to watch them take shape. I recently made a customised version of my Endless Spiral Line Ring, it was just slightly narrower for a lovely lady in Canada. Here it is as a wax cast before going off to be fired into solid sterling silver.


And here is the final ring, polished up:



Such good fun, I really enjoyed making this ring! I love it's unruliness, so free-spirited! To me it says "I will not conform". Hmmm.... goooood!

The other pieces, a heavily textured moon-surface bangle and a dog-tag with two different patterns on either side are coming soon. Notes to self: 1) I am still in love with texture, 2) let's not leave it another 10 months before posting again! :) Hasta luego, Interwebers!

No comments:

Post a Comment