Wednesday 15 September 2010

Is it a plane? Is it a bird? Is it an alien?


Erm.... well it looks like an alien, I agree but it is in fact a sterling silver flower, cast from jeweller's wax which I have just soldered two little jump rings to, so that I can attach a chain and it can begin its life as a necklace.

I have a small burn on the back of my hand which happened, not, dear Reader, during the soldering process, but as I was putting the torch away. I moved a jar out of the way, forgetting that it was still around 500 degrees centigrade. and it briefly touched my hand. Fortunately, I have a retired doctor for a Dad, who taught me to put a tiny smear of cortisone cream on any minor burn after running it in cold water for a few minutes.

The satisfaction of getting these jump rings on is more giving me more of a glow than my burn is right now :) !

No comments:

Post a Comment